-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Monday, August 22, 2016

In A Vase On Monday

Fortunately, Abutilon megapotamicum 'Red' has grown quite tall this season; unfortunately, it also leans over a path and parts of it reach out and caress passersby.  Okay, it thwacks them in the face. The plant has been tied back but still some pruning need to be done so why not throw them in a vase to enjoy inside?


The seed pods are interesting too.
I've been looking at this crystalline-glazed pot, purchased in Alaska on a visit with family several years ago and though that the warm colors might work well with the Megapotamicum.



Quickly put together it looks okay but lacks heart. 

Fortunately, these hearts of stone were sitting around.

There, now it has heart. Three of them actually. 

In A Vase On Monday is hosted by the much-loved Cathy at Rambling in the Garden.  Ramble on over there to see her beautiful arrangement this week and links to those of other participating bloggers.

11 comments:

  1. Pretty! Seed pods? I've never seen them on my Abutilons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Peter! I love that crystalline-glazed pot. I still can't imagine what happened to the small one I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pairing of plant and vase, but to be honest the vase and those hearts are stealing the show for me. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grand Girl would absolutely love this plant. When we take our nature walk aka walking the dog, we discuss all the colors or shapes or textures. I love being able to share this with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always pull out the most interesting objects to add to your arrangements. The hearts are a great pairing with that vase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot of heart. The arrangement is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant vase! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant. How lovely to have an Abutilon big enough to chop like this. I love the vase too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant. How lovely to have an Abutilon big enough to chop like this. I love the vase too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Abutilon droops so charmingly...hard to find things that do that. Love the simplicity of using a single flower type, then punching it up with the vase and hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.